How To Build A Live Coyote Trap
1. First you will need to cut a 1/8-inch aircraft cable with wire cutters to a 48-inch length;
3. You will now need to pinch the washer in a bench vise so that half of the washer will extend above the jaws of the vise and the other half is gripped by the vise. One of the drilled holes should be at the bottom and the other at the top;
4. Through a 1/4-inch nut, thread the aircraft cable, and then back through the nut going the opposite direction, forming a loop in the cable. You will now need to tighten that loop until it is 3/4-inch in diameter;
5. Your next job would be to lay the nut with the cable by running through it on the edge on an anvil. The edge of the nut must be hammered by pinching it tightly across the strands of the cable, thus securing the loop;
8. Your final step would be to hammer the nut's edge until it will flatten and grip tightly onto the strands of the cable.
Remember to check your local laws to see if you are allowed to use cable restraints. Usually, a trapping license is necessary to set the restraints on the land that you do not own.